At Smart Coaching & Training we want to reach beyond the financial value of the services that we offer; our social conscience pledges us to deliver value and to embrace our social responsibility to benefit us, the people we work with and for. We do this through caring for our people, our community, our customers and our environment.
The welfare and wellbeing of our people is a priority. As a group of practitioners whose business is to guide and support others to be and do better, we champion self-care and mutual support. Every member of our group is valued and cared about. We want them to have optimal health and well-being; mental, physical, emotional to enable them to thrive and flourish, and our policies reflect this endeavour.
We encourage ongoing development and supervision to ensure everyone is fully supported professionally. Our culture is one that embraces difference and diversity and recognises the excellence in everyone.
We are part of the Swindon Mindful Employer Network.
All of our people give back to the community through pro-bono coaching, training and mentoring hours, including:
- Pro-bono mentoring to women in charitable enterprises to further their careers, empowering them to make a difference
- Pro-bono workshops for fundraisers in national charity
- Over 100 hours of pro-bono coaching helping job seekers with CV and communication support and mock interview practice
- Free workshops for technical students on employability, how to develop presentations and work in teams
- Free workshops to help people build their own networks.
We are a member of Swindon Social Enterprise Network and support other local endeavours including fundraising for TEDxBristol.
We work with our customers and clients to find the best ways to deliver our services that reflect sustainable social practices beyond price and costs including:
- Working with our clients to see where we can schedule meetings by Skype or arrange multiple visits per day
- Using call-conferencing and email where feasible to reduce travel time, costs and impact.
We are signed up to Trading for Good. Our commissioning and procurement aims to source and buy ethically through our local community and promote local businesses.
We respect our environment, aiming to reduce our impact in terms of travel and consumption of natural resources.
We buy with care and are mindful of waste, re-using and recycling where possible, aiming to keep energy consumption low, reduce any negative environmental impact and embedding sustainability. Our supply chain is carefully selected to partner with like-minded organisations who demonstrate the same values.
We have a Recycling Policy focused on reducing our purchasing carbon footprint. Our Environmental Policy sets out the intentions directing our respect for the world we live and work in.