From in the same office to global.
Using Mindfulness and Etiquette to support Diverse Teams
Contracts are lost by failure to understand culture and inappropriate behaviour in other countries. With the increase in mindfulness, people are much more observant, so knowing about etiquette in host countries and the general international British style is essential.
With increasing globalisation, many organisations face tougher competition; at the same time they are working in a more complex environment, needing to co-ordinate geographically dispersed operations and a cross-cultural workforce.
This leads to diverse teams becoming more common at all levels of the organisation. Diversity can be based on various characteristics such as gender, age, nationality, ethnic and/ or cultural group, or on indicators of cognitive diversity such as international experience, education, industry and work experience that can all lead to different perspectives.
Research shows that diversity results in better performance on complex decisions and problems, just the type of challenges that face global firms. Also, diversity has a bigger impact on organisations with greater managerial discretion such as the high-tech sector, or when undertaking new initiatives.
Diverse teams can also experience their differences as barriers to communication, so that reaching a common understanding or outcome takes more time and effort, and raises the transaction costs of teamwork.
This course provides all employees with the understanding of the benefits, but also the challenges, of working in global and diverse teams with the added complexity of virtual teams; it is essential learning for all employees.
Diversity, Mindfulness and Etiquette for Global teams ( Signature Corporate Training),
- Learn the skills to succeed and manage global teams, pitfalls and benefits
- How to behave within different cultures, and still preserve your values
- How to use mindfulness to fully engage with others and increase awareness of your and others behaviours
- This ‘Signature Corporate Training Course has been delivered successfully in Middle East several times.
- What are global and virtual teams – challenges of working and managing
- Define the different types of diversity and culture, race and ethnicity
- Benefits and disadvantages of diversity in a team.
- Communicating in Teams: Belbin team characteristics, C-Me colour profiling, NLP, stakeholders
- Mindfulness: What is mindfulness, Multitasking, its importance for diversity.
- Etiquette: what is it, British etiquette, Etiquette in introductions, meetings, restaurants, social occasions
- Communication skills: pitfalls, USA/UK and other English language misunderstandings and pitfalls
- Clarity in multi-cultural and cross-cultural E-mail, social and other communication media
- Personal face to face communication styles according to the recipient and circumstances.
- Hofstede Model: six categories, as applied to the delegates and location, national stereotypes
- Hofstede and mindfulness, etiquette, diversity and teams.
Feedback from clients who have worked with SCT to develop a coaching approach
Business Adviser : “To follow”
Operations Business “…To follow “